Just under three weeks to go before we welcome back all you aspiring potters and creatives! We are so looking forward to seeing you and have been beavering away making changes to products and studio spaces, all designed to make you feel confident to visit and comfortable whilst you’re here.
For those of you who haven’t had the good fortune to visit our wonderful studio on the idyllic Herefordshire Eastnor Castle Estate, we are blessed with bags of outside space. Whenever the weather permits we’ll be facilitating sessions in the garden and in our boutique ‘Potting Tent’ marquee.
If’ is looking chilly, we still have ample room in the Pottery to social distance a battalion of would be potters! Well not quite that many, but we are very confident in our planning and spacing. Inevitably, we’ll be seeing less of you as classes will be smaller. In fact, during July, we’re offering dedicated classes per booking. So, if you are a family or couple you’ll have your very own private session! Give us a call on 01531 633886 or email email@example.com to book your session.
Here’s a list of other things we’re going to be doing to make people feel comfortable when they visit Eastnor Pottery.
- To avoid handling cash and cards, we’re asking for full payment in advance of customer’s sessions – BACS our preferred method of payment and we’ll provide customers with our account details as soon as they are in the diary.
- Customers will need to bring their own apron and old towel (sharing is fine). The clay doesn’t stain and washes out easily so wearing old clothes is perfectly acceptable too, but please don’t forget the towel!
- We’ll be asking customers to arrive no earlier than 5 mins before their session starts. This will give plenty of opportunity for previous guests to finish their session and proceed on their merry way.
- On arrival, customers will be directed to a waiting area and asked to wash their hands. Their experience will commence once the previous participants have departed and we’ve had opportunity to clean tools and prepare the wheel(s)
- We’ve set up the furniture and potter’s wheels to account for the 2m social distancing rule and will be observing social distancing through-out the experience.
- Sadly, the legendary complimentary cuppas and fresh coffee are on hold for the time being :( That said, customers are very welcome to bring their own beverages and water bottles.