Hot on the tail of the Community Arts Apprenticeship vacancy, we are now inviting applications for a Digital Marketing Apprenticeship here at Eastnor Pottery.
We are looking for a motivated digital marketing apprentice to join our small and friendly team. The ideal candidate would possess excellent communication skills, be experienced in using social media networks and have a commitment to delivering quality customer service.
- Assist with online and social networking marketing – facebook, youtube, twitter, pinterest and instagram
- Plan and implement online marketing strategies
- Take photos and make short videos
- General office admin work, attending to databases, updating website.
- Designing and implementing printed promotional material.
- Assist with educational workshops in schools and community settings
- Assist with educational and recreational workshops in studio – childrens birthday parties, hen parties etc, drop-in sessions
- Workshop assistant helping with glazing, packing kilns, cleaning, moving furniture
The award winning Creative Alliance based in Birmingham will be managing all applications and suitable candidates will be invited for interview at the Pottery after the closing date.
Please apply here.
Goodluck Jack in your new job and thanks for all your work over the past couple of years.
Photographic documentation is a key part of our practice here at Eastnor Pottery, particularly the Early Years and educational work we undertake.
Often a project will have a professional photographer assigned to record the clay creativity. Jon the potter has had the good fortune to work with some of the best photographers in the West Midlands and as a result has been influenced by their technique and approach.
The accumulated knowledge and experience paid off recently when Jon was compelled to enter one of his images in a competition organised by Hereford & Worcester Chamber of commerce. ‘Nail Art’ (above) won 2nd prize!
The brief was a simple one – submit in an image taken in the past 12 months at a Chamber event. ‘Nail Art’ was snapped by Jon at the Business Expo 2017 on the Eastnor Pottery & The Flying Potter stand where Jon and Ethan were encouraging delegates to try the potter’s wheel.
We’ve had a seasonal clear-out and discovered some lovely old pots and ceramic curios in amongst the clay, tools and customer’s work. The pots has been cleaned, labelled and are available for visitors to purchase at very reasonable prices.
So, if you’d like to bag a ‘Jon the Potter’ original at a bargain price we recommend you visit our Christmas Shop before 24th Dec 2016. We are open 10am – 4pm Tuesday to Saturday.
See you soon!
Jack, our Practical Demonstrator and Workshop Assistant has a keen interest in photography and was recently asked to document a local ploughing match.
We loved these particularly ‘muddy’ shots. More of Jacks work can be seen on the Trumpet Agricultural Society’s Facebook page.