We have shared our passion and enthusiasm for all things pottery with hundreds of schools and early years settings all over the West Midlands and beyond. We collaborate with teachers, young people and children, all ages, all abilities, exploring their creativity via the medium of clay.
- Early Years – Totally creative, Reggio Emilia inspired exploratory sessions for the U5s. We regularly visit nursery schools, children’s centres and other pre-school settings.
- SEN - Clay such a fantastic medium for people with special or additional needs to work with. No matter of age or ability or how ever slight the intervention, participants are always able to make their mark.
- KS 1 & 2 – Our philosophy is firmly rooted in the Reggio Emilia approach which doesn’t impose ideas on the children but provides a creative environment and framework for them to explore and develop their own ideas. If you are seeking a ceramic, permanent outcome you can be assured of professional and stunning results.
- KS 3 & 4 – Workshops often involve students working together to produce a collaborative piece. This approach nurtures respect for each others contribution and a sense of shared ownership and pride in the final work.
- Post 16 – Bespoke sessions for further, higher and adult education. Jon has worked with students all over the country, delivering one off presentations and demonstrations as well as longer residency projects. He also has four years experince of lecturing on an Arts Foundation course.
- Staff Training For Schools – Staff have the opportunity to extend their working knowledge of clay by getting involved in the workshops. However, some schools prefer to book a separate clay training session.
- Away Days – Making a pot on the potter’s wheel is one of those ‘I’ve always wanted to do’ activities. This fun session offers the opportunity to do just that!